Written Answers - Departmental Reports.

Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Dáil Eireann Debate
Vol. 687 No. 3

First Page Previous Page Page of 492 Next Page Last Page

  531.  Deputy Simon Coveney  Information on Simon Coveney  Zoom on Simon Coveney   asked the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources  Information on Eamon Ryan  Zoom on Eamon Ryan   the number of reports he has compiled in the past 18 months; the reports complied; and the cost of these reports. [27864/09]

Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources (Deputy Eamon Ryan): Information on Eamon Ryan  Zoom on Eamon Ryan  My Department compiled 24 reports in the past eighteen months at a cost of €1,198,706.74. Details of the reports are in the table. It should be noted that The Grid Study and the All-Island Renewables Grid Study updated to include Demand Side Management reports were jointly commissioned by the Department of Enterprise Trade and Investment, Northern Ireland and the Department for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources. 60% of the costs in respect of both reports were borne by my Department with the remaining 40% borne by Department of Enterprise Trade and Investment, Northern Ireland.

Report Cost of Report inclusive of VAT
National Energy Efficiency Action Plan 21,099.00
Study of Oil and Gas Industry Support Services 27,188.00
Review of Corrib EIS 47,204.00
Strategic Environmental Assessment for Oil and Gas Activity in Ireland’s Offshore Atlantic Waters:Rockall Basin 267,953.00
Technical Assistance on Corrib Gas Safety Matters — Review of Documents 22,870.00
Comparative study of GSI/GSNI 8,602. 79
Cost/benefit study of INFOMAR project 66, 086.00
The Grid Study 218,607.89
All-Island Renewables Grid Study updated to include Demand Side Management 54,092.00
SEI Strategic Review Prepared in-house
Make IT Secure evaluation report 14,520.00
Study on the Relative merits of Overhead Electricity Transmission Lines Versus Underground Cables. 148,437.96
Review of the Security of Ireland’s Access to Commercial Oil Supplies 271,756.90
Next Generation broadband — Gateway to a Knowledge Ireland 36.78
Technology Actions to Support the Smart Economy Prepared in-house
2008 Media Literacy Directory 10,000.00
Report on the outcome of the 2007 eInclusion Grant scheme — the Access Skills and Content (ASC) scheme Prepared in-house
2007 Annual Report 17,924.07 (printing, binding & translation)
Minerals Development Acts, 1940-1999. Report by the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources for the six months ended 31 December 2008 342 (VAT exempt)
Minerals Development Acts, 1940-1999. Report by the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources for the six months ended 30 June 2008 502 (VAT exempt)
Minerals Development Acts, 1940-1999. Report by the Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources for the six months ended 31 December 2007 342 (VAT exempt)
State Mining and Prospecting Facilities and Prospecting Licence Competition and Industry News. 1 May 2009 350 (VAT exempt)
State Mining and Prospecting Facilities and Prospecting Licence Competition and Industry News. 1 November 2008 460.35 (VAT exempt)
State Mining and Prospecting Facilities and Prospecting Licence Competition and Industry News. 1 May 2008 350 (VAT exempt)
Total 1,198,706.74


Last Updated: 07/10/2010 13:28:37 First Page Previous Page Page of 492 Next Page Last Page