Minister of State at the Department of the Taoiseach (Deputy Paul Kehoe):
(1) That Select Committees as set out in column (1) of the Schedule hereto are hereby appointed pursuant to Standing Order 82A.
(2) Each Committee shall perform the functions set out in Standing Order 82A in respect of the Government Department or Departments listed in column (2) opposite each Committee (in anticipation of the coming into effect of the necessary Government Orders in relation to names of Departments and titles of Ministers and transfer of Departmental Administration and Ministerial Functions).
(3) The number of members appointed to each Select Committee shall be as set out in column (3).
(4) Nine members shall be appointed to each sub-Committee standing established under Standing Order 82A(6).
(5) Each Select Committee shall have the powers defined in Standing Order 83(1), (2) and (3).
(6) Each Select Committee shall be joined with a Select Committee appointed by Seanad Éireann to form a Joint Committee to carry out the functions set out in Standing Order 82A, other than at paragraph (3) thereof.
(7) Each Joint Committee shall have the powers defined in Standing Orders 83 (other than paragraph (2A) thereof), 105 and 107.
(8) The Select Committee at row 6 of the Schedule shall have the powers defined in Standing Order 106(1)(b) and Standing Order 82A(6) shall not apply to the Committee.
(9) The Order of the Dáil of 9th March, 2011 in relation to the Standing Order 103 Select Committee is hereby rescinded and the Committee is accordingly dissolved.
||Number of Members
|1 Select Committee on Foreign Affairs and Trade
||•Foreign Affairs and Trade
|2 Select Committee on Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform
•Public Expenditure and Reform
|3 Select Committee on Jobs, Social Protection and Education
||•Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation
•Education and Skills
|4 Select Committee on Environment, Transport, Culture and the Gaeltacht
||•Environment, Community and Local Government
•Transport, Tourism and Sport
•Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht
|5 Select Committee on Communications, Natural Resources and Agriculture
||•Communications, Energy and Natural Resources
•Agriculture, Food and Marine
|6 Select Committee on Justice, Defence and Equality
||•Justice and Equality
|7 Select Committee on Health and Children
•Children and Youth Affairs
Question put and agreed to.